Linkedin | E-mail | V-card
Fred is a senior shareholder in The James Law Firm. His practice includes the representation of individuals who have been injured due to medical malpractice, personal injury, automobile collisions, slip and falls, product liability and workers’ compensation.
The James Law Firm, P.C is a family business. Dwight James started the firm in 1980. Following his graduation from law school Fred began his practice at the Polk County Attorney’s office. He joined his father in 1988. Fred’s wife Rose is the office manager and his professional assistant. Karen (who is really part of the family) has been Fred’s legal assistant for over 10 years. In his spare time Fred enjoys reading, cooking and spending time with his family.
- Coe College
- University of Iowa (B.A. 1983)
- Drake University College of Law (Juris Doctor 1987)
Fred is admitted to practice before all Iowa, State and Federal Courts
- Fellow – American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow – Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates – Secretary / Treasurer, National Board Representative, Iowa Chapter
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- C. Edwin Moore Inn of Court – Master of the Bench and Past President (2010-2011)
- Iowa Association of Justice f/k/a Iowa Trial Lawyers Association, Past President (2002-2003)
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
Fred possesses over twenty-eight years of experience in State and Federal trial courts. Fred has tried over 50 cases to verdict. During his career as a personal injury trial lawyer, Fred has handled a wide and diverse range of cases. In addition to his jury trial experience, Fred has argued cases’ to both the Iowa Court of Appeals and the Iowa Supreme Court as well as before the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. Fred has also resolved numerous matters for his personal injury clients through mediation and settlement.
Publications, Speeches and Seminars
Fred has appeared as a presenting speaker at various trial lawyers’ seminars and programs throughout the State of Iowa.